FRAME FOR SALE for $850 (Quilt not included): This one-of-a-kind, custom frame was handmade by Christan in 2002, to hold a quilt, tapestry, or other textile artwork. It is in very good condition.
• The dimensions are roughly 8′ X 7′.
• The frame comes apart, for convenient moving, shipping, and storage.
• The wood is Douglas Fir, with a beautiful, warm, finish.
• The backing can be painted black, or another color to coordinate with the artwork.
• The frame has brackets with a dowel, which is meant to be threaded through a fabric sleeve sewn on the back of the fabric art, near the top. This is the usual way that quilts and other large textiles are displayed. In addition, this frame has buttons on the backing, which are meant to attach to loops on the back of the fabric art, keeping edges flat and in place.
• At the time that Christan built this frame, he was a certified archival framer, so this frame is archival quality. There is no plexiglass. When framing textiles, it’s best to avoid trapping moisture, which will damage fabrics. (Plexiglass that large would also be difficult and expensive to ship.)
Please contact us through our website if you are interested in purchasing this museum quality piece.